Monday, November 28, 2011

More & more

When I first started writing about God's love and the different aspects, I knew there were many and I knew it would be incredibly difficult to try to write about each one. I was severely mistaken! The hard part is narrowing it down and identifying. No matter what I read, I'm always finding new aspects of God's love. Today I've been reading that no one can love you like God can, even other "gods". Every other religion has a god or prophet of some sort, but how many of them promise to love you no matter what? I'm still in Deuteronomy because there's a lot of great verses on love and I've already seen at least two different aspects of God's love. I'm further along in the book now though, today I read chapters 13 and 23.Chapter  13 verses 1-4 talk about a prophet who claims we should follow another God. Moses makes it very clear how appealing this prophet is and its so incredibly accurate to the world we live in today. There are so many people out there who claim that our God isn't great and there are other gods who are better. This isn't exactly recent but its recently become increasingly popular. In Deuteronomy 23 verse 5 we are shown that God truly does have our best interest at heart. This reminds me that through every trial we face, our God is still with us working that trial for our benefit. People all the time look back and realize the hardest times in their lives were what made them stronger, I believe God does that on purpose. Kind of like the verse Jeremiah 29:11, His plans are to prosper us and not to harm us. Who wouldn't want a God who loves them like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment